Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weight Loss Motivation Guidelines


If there is one thing that all dietitians and obesity agree with the experts, it is the personal motivation is the foundation of all weight loss success.

No matter how healthy diet plan, or what combination of calories and nutrition it contains, it will not help anyone lose weight unless they follow it for long enough. Their willingness to do so depends entirely on how motivated they are to change their eating and exercise habits to achieve their weight loss goals. motivation advice hard to find the internet offers a bewildering amount of weight loss diets and eating plans, but advice on motivation when dieting is extremely short supply. given the strong link between diet-compliance and motivation, lack of motivational help is surprising to say the least.

This may stem from the fact that many diets are created by people who lack hands-on experience helping people manage their weight. Maybe they see weight loss as a biological rather than a human process. If so, I think it was a mistake. motivating yourself to lose weight I tell all my clients who are starting a weight loss diet is like starting a journey.

And like any journey it requires preparation. We need to look ahead and plan how to overcome problems that occur along the way. By doing this we take control of the process and greatly improve our chances of success. Unfortunately, many dieters do not plan ahead. Instead, they take things as they come, and relies on two things: their initial enthusiasm, and (when it wears off) their preferences. But enthusiasm and willpower is not enough to overcome the temptations and difficulties that we face when we try to change our eating habits and lifestyle. stops for a moment and imagine taking your family on a camping trip. You rely on your enthusiasm and desire for food and shelter?

Of course not. in all probability spend time beforehand good packing and preparing for every eventuality, and the whole trip was carefully planned in advance. yet when you start a diet-journey, many of you set off without any kind of planning or preparation. It is as if you believe that everything will go smoothly. But let's face it, what diet ever runs smoothly? Answer: none! So what happens when we encounter a major problem? Answer: we wobble, and often quit. need to plan new thinking habits planning a diet-journey does not involve packing equipment, it involves packing "new thoughts". We need to rehearse and adopt new ways of thinking to overcome problems during our trip. This is not psycho-babble - this is plain common sense.

After all, successful dieting is something more than all the motivation and attitude. It's about what goes on between our ears, the most common dieting problems the most common problems we face when dieting is boredom. This usually happens when our initial enthusiasm for losing weight wears off, and we have become tired of watching what we eat. We become sad, and slightly depressed at the idea of having to maintain our "sensible eating habits" while everyone else seems to be having a good time. loss leads to boredom place we get bored when we lose our sense of direction. So to overcome this, we need to reestablish exactly where we are going. Remember, dieting is not an aimless process, it is a journey from a to b.

Here's how we feel when we lose direction: "I'm really bored with dieting, it's like a disease. I do not have any freedom of others. never eaten it, I can not eat that. .. I'm fed up. I do not share food with the girls at work, I eat at my favorite restaurant, I have to keep saying no to food when I visit friends, I have to watch my family eating in front of me, I do not have time to exercise properly, I'm not going to lose weight and I feel really sad. heck! life is too short for it ... " This kind of thinking is quite demotivating. It focuses only on the negative aspects of dieting and signals complete aimlessness. no weight loss goals are achievable when we feel like it. A better way of thinking now let me show you some better alternatives. can compare it with the example above. Example 1 "Hmm, my diet is not so good. but I'm not going to make excuses.

I've wasted enough time making excuses to myself. from Now, no matter what happens, I'm going to be honest myself. So what I want-I want to lose weight and get myself into shape. why? because I really want that beach holiday (or other other very selfish goal) which I promised myself. i want it so bad I touch it!

Okay, so I need to learn how to eat properly - big deal! I could easily do it if I put my mind to it. heck! eating good food is not difficult. know what's difficult is seeing myself being overweight for the rest of my life. I like better. has a lot more better than a fistful of nachos or a piece of fatty dessert. " Example 2 "Hmm, my diet is not so good.

So let me remind myself why I'm dieting. All my life I was eating please different people. my mom said "eat it", so I ate it.'s my school friends said "have some of this", so I had lots.'s my work colleagues now say " have a slice of this ", so I have two! And my kids say" you have to try it ", so I try it. and every time I make an effort to lose weight, everyone says "Forget about your diet, eat some of it" so I did. well enough! not eating to please other people.

For more articles, please read this webpage

No comments:

Post a Comment